deserves to heal
• Annually, rape costs the U.S. more than any other crime ($127 billion), followed by assault ($93 billion), murder ($71 billion), and drunk driving, including fatalities ($61 billion)
• 51.1% of female victims of rape reported being raped by an intimate partner and 40.8% by an acquaintance
• 81% of women and 35% of men report significant short- or long-term impacts such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• Health care is 16% higher for women who were sexually abused as children and 36% higher for women who were physically and sexually abused as children
• 33% of women who are raped contemplate suicide.
• 13% of women who are raped attempt suicide.
• Nearly two thirds of college students experience sexual harassment
• 27% of college women have experienced some form of unwanted sexual contact
• 20% - 25% of college women and 15% of college men are victims of forced sex during their time in college
• More than 90% of sexual assault victims on college campuses do not report the assault